HSATV- Frequently Asked Questions
- If I Buy a day permit online, how soon can I ride?
Your Papyal receipt is your day pass, carry a copy on your phone or with
you and way you go!
- When I am using the road connections, how can I find out where I can and
Follow the Green and white “Way Finder Arrows”. They are typically on
hydro poles, and posts along the roadway at the corners. Do not follow
blue and white as those are for OFSC trails in the winter.
- I have an EOTA permit or a permit from the SBPATV Club. Is it okay to use
on HSATV Trails?
Yes you may, a reminder that OFATV permits are not considered valid on
the Huron Shores ATV Club Trail System. You will need an HSATV Permit to
ride our trail system (EOTA).
- I have purchased a Huron Shores ATV Club Permit. Where else can I go
other than Huron Shores ATV Club?
Visit www.thetrail.ca for other affiliated clubs.
- How long does it take to run the Bruce County Rail Trail from the Huron
Bruce Road to Baie Du Dore (Bruce Power)?
HSATV recommends you allow for 3 hours one way (6 hours round trip non
stop). Add time for lunch and rest breaks and you have a full day of riding!
- How long does it take to run from the Culross Tract (John Micheal Mcglynn
Memorial Trail) to the rail trail via concession 2?
Allow for approximately 35-40 minutes. This is pavement
- How long does it take to run from the South Kinloss Tract, down Paradise
Lake Road/Walkers line/Route 1 to the rail trail?
Allow for approximately an hour to get from the South Kinloss Tract to the
rail trail. This is gravel roads, unassumed road allowances, and the least
amount of pavement from the County Forests to the Rail Trail.
- Are side by sides allowed on HSATV trails? If so, what is the maximum
HSTAV aims to keep all our trail system at 72” width clearance for side by
sides. However, currently there is one exception. The Culross Tract
currently WILL NOT accept anything larger than a 67” side by side. HSATV
is working with Bruce County to make this forest 72” like the Bruce County
Rail Trail and The South Kinloss Tract.
- I purchased a permit, but it didn’t ask me for my insurance information.
When you click that you have read the disclaimer, you have read and
acknowledged that you as a permit holder possess a valid driver license,
insurance, and all necessary documentation to operate an ATV or a Side by
Side on our trail system. You also acknowledge that your ATV meets the
requirements of the off-road vehicle act, and other applicable regulations to
operate on our trail system and road connections.
- Are permits sold per person or per machine?
Per Machine. They are affixed to the machine it is registered to, and only
the machine its registered to.